I would just like the update to succeed when I select update. I don’t want to remove it. However, the problem is that it pops up in my wife’s account, which annoys her, then when you say update, it fails. I’d just like to figure out why the updater only launches the checker daemon or whatever from her account.

I thought it was that it had gotten installed under her account and that it was a permissions thing that was keeping it from working. I found several Google apps did not have admin read/write permissions, so I set those, but it did not allow the updater to work. Then again, the updater did not ask for an admin authentication either.

I’m going to try uninstalling everything Google, then reinstalling under my admin account.