Benjamin Black talks about how Amazon's EC2 service was born. I've had some experience with EC2 and it's really quite an impressive service. I think if the costs were slightly lower they would be putting a lot of VPS hosting providers out of business (or VPS hosting providers would be switching to EC2 and putting conventional data centers out of business).
- Converting Amazon EC2 On Demand Instance to Reserved Instance — If you've created an Amazon EC2 On Demand instance and you later realize you'll be running the server indefinitely, you can convert the instance to a Reserved Instance to save some money.
- How I Revamped My Web Hosting Business — During the past two months or so, I’ve pushed really hard to finish a project that I’ve been “working on” for the past year.
- Bounce-back Spam (Backscatter) — I really hate bounce-back spam!
- WHM Whitelist to Exclude from Exim Sender Verify Callbacks — Sender verification is an important feature used by email servers to help prevent spam.
- Switching to suPHP; What a Mess! — When one of my users reported problems deleting files he had uploaded using a PHP script, I quickly discovered all the files being uploaded were owned by the user running the web server: nobody.