Old habits are creatures of stubborn temptation that believe persistence always wins. Challenging old habits requires equal tenacity.
- Impossible — Setting foot on the moon and living to 100 years old were both once considered impossible.
- Greatness — Nothing great of lasting value was made in a day, or a week, or even a month.
- Awkward — "Everything will be awkward at first, but do something long enough and it becomes a habit." - Graeme Blake
- Repeat — "Every old thing, repeated often enough, yields insight into new applications." - Satya Inayat Khan
- On the Importance of Daily Practice – A Passage from my Free-Writing Journal — I have a folder called 'Free-Writing' that I created almost a year ago with the intention of developing a daily free-writing habit (a technique where you attempt to write non-stop until you reach a certain number of words, writing about whatever comes to your head; it's a form of thought-streaming).