The trick to being on vacation all the time, or staying healthy, is to not make it a diet or vacation. It needs to become a lifestyle.
- Doing what feels undeniably true — "Where are you going next?" "I'm hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Notes: How do you show yourself kindness? — Sui Solitaire recently released Kindness Sprouts, a collaborative ebook of kindness and self-care.
- Lifestyle Support — A few years ago, on a hot summer day outside a cafe in Los Angeles, California, I met Lynn Fang1 in person for the first time and, after a stream of increasingly existential questions and cautious probes into each others thoughts on the existence of extraterrestrials (a stream dotted with moments of awkward silence), we found ourselves coining the term, and discussing the concept of, lifestyle support, the idea that people should be so transparent in their lives (online and offline) that their lifestyle would be an incentive for others to support their work.
- Guilty by Association — When it comes to your lifestyle, you really are 'guilty by association'.
- Burning Your Past — If you feel the need to erase your past with physical destruction, you have yet to learn the true power of detachment: you're already free.