"You write because you like to read." Why is this 'fact' touted amongst writers? I don't like reading. I like sharing and I write to share.
- Read Like a Writer — Reading great writing does not improve your writing unless you read like a writer, which is much harder (and slower) than just reading.
- Unread — A blog is dead When it goes unread, Some say.
- Quote Yourself — Quote yourself.
- Writing Style: Readers Welcome Influence — Your writing style influences how your readers' inner ear hears your writing.
- Reading Distractions: Questions — Writing creates an adventure, a series of thoughts and images that lead the reader, carrying them on a series of emotional peaks and troughs through an ocean of time, moving them from one point to another and, hopefully, adding something of value or making the adventure fun along the way.