How to be a Programmer: A Short, Comprehensive, and Personal Summary is an excellent essay. I dare not call myself a real programmer, but I'm definitely an aspiring programmer. Essays like this one are miniature goldmines -- decades of real human experience compacted and organized, ready for ingestion.
- The Other Side of Discomfort — I spent this past weekend learning a new language.
- Advanced Linux Programming — The authors of Advanced Linux Programming "take a tutorial approach and teach the most important concepts and power features of the GNU/Linux system".
- Reflections on Trusting Trust by Ken Thompson — Reflections on Trusting Trust by Ken Thompson (the co-creator of the C programming language) is an excellent paper.
- Gustavo Duarte on the Anatomy of a Program in Memory — In his latest post, Anatomy of a Program in Memory, Gustavo Duarte explains beautifully the way in which programs are laid out in memory.
- Blogging from the Command-Line — I'm a command-line person.
- Related Content by Tag