WordPress 2.7 has been officially released! It was only a few days ago that I wrote about the first WordPress 2.7 Release Candidate, so congrats to everyone on the dev team (literally hundreds of people) for the quick release! It appears the WordPress team is now publicly giving the releases their own code name, with this latest release being called "Coltrane". (As far as I know, this is something new, but I could be mistaken.) For those who know the Simpsons like they know their own family (I don't), you may be aware that Coltrane was the Simpsons' fourth cat (and of course we can't forget John Coltrane, the American jazz saxophonist to whom the release is really dedicated).
- Discontent with Contentedness — I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.
- Personalizing the WordPress Comment Reply Link — The default WordPress Comment Reply link, which shows up when threaded comments are enabled, is not very personalized.
- Cleaning eval(base64_decode()) from a Hacked WordPress Website via SSH — I received an email from a friend yesterday informing me that his WordPress site was loading with a blank white page.
- Including Custom Post Type in Default WordPress RSS Feed — To control what post types show up in the default WordPress RSS feed, you can add a function to your themes functions.php file (if one doesn't exist, create it in your theme folder) to control what is returned when the RSS feed is requested.
- How to Use the New Facebook Like Button — Facebook recently (within the past few weeks) released a new feature that allows for "Liking" practically anything on the web.
- Related Content by Tag